You’ve arrived at the website of DROQEN, an overactive independent game designer & artist who has created and released 50,000* games.
*I made this number up. -droqen
Want to playtest some of my games?
If you’re interested in potentially playing my games before they’re released & in helping me out with your feedback from your play-sessions, join this Discord server I set up for keeping track of people who might be interested in this kinda thing.
Read my blog
Yes, I write! Lately my writing has been a bit blah, but maybe you can find something cool. Honestly I think you’ll find better writing in the archives, under the Older Blogs heading.
- The “Multipresence” behaviour pattern across (multiple) (real-time) spaces
- Design notebook for the inception of a jam game: Dungeon Bounce
- AI, Playtesting, & Posting! (January postmortem)
- Designer/programmer problems: I habitually work on code instead of design
- “Truckle gluttony” might have solved my relationship with twitter. (Or I’m just in a very creative form of denial.)
- Should I continue to dream of impossibly large and complex worlds?
- Individual Language: Demons & Other Things
- Games Are Toolkits
Support me on Patreon (<3)
I assemble and print a little zine every month to thank patrons for their support, so if you’re into the idea of getting a little paper zine in the mail full of mysterious droqen lore and stuff, check it out.
Get emails about droqen-y stuff
Last but not least, one time a guy on the internet and a guy in real life both said “hey you should keep a mailing list because services die but emails are forever” so I started this mailing list.
I will occasionally tell you about things I’ve done, and you won’t miss them, because they’re in your inbox, and as those two guys once said,
emails are forever.*
*I made this quote up. -droqen